The Town of Apple Valley Emergency Services Program is a collaborative partnership with the Apple Valley Fire Protection District.
Emergency management programs provide the means for a community to be ready for any type of disaster using a multi-hazard approach for either a natural, manmade or technological catastrophe. For instance, flooding may occur in low-lying areas of the high desert with very little precipitation, while we have also been victim to wildland fires; yet, earthquakes remain our most serious threat. As a community, we want to be prepared because disasters are relatively unexpected and pose a danger to the health, lives, and environment of the community.
The Apple Valley Emergency Services Program focuses on the five phases of emergency management:
At a minimum, the Apple Valley Emergency Services Program consists of the following:
- Apple Valley Disaster Council
- Emergency Operations Center and staff
- Emergency Operations Plan
- Hazard Mitigation Plan
- Training, drills and exercises
- Compliance with Federal and State mandates, including National Incident Management System (NIMS), Incident Command System (ICS) and the Standardized Emergency Management System (SEMS)
- Participation with the San Bernardino Operational Area (OA), and High Desert Community Organizations Active in Disasters (COAD)
- Coordination with local stakeholders, i.e., government agencies, medical facilities, schools, businesses, non-profit organizations, community-based organizations, faith community, etc.
- Public education programs and presentations about emergency preparedness to community groups and organizations; individuals, and businesses.
During a disaster, professional emergency personnel will be overwhelmed. That is why we all need to be responsible, self-sufficient and prepared. Now is the time to develop your Preparedness Plan for your family and/or your business. Disasters start locally and end locally -- let's be sure we are ready!
Who to contact...
Town of Apple Valley
14955 Dale Evans Parkway
Phone: 760-240-7000 ext. 7890
Volunteer opportunities in disasters:
Would you like to know more about how YOU can get involved as a volunteer in a disaster response program in Apple Valley?
Apple Valley has an active volunteer disaster service worker program where YOU can help yourself and your community in a disaster. From operating a HAM radio to helping animals and people in disasters, you can become involved in your community and help others when they need it most.
To get more information on our programs, click on following link: Disaster Volunteers