APPLE VALLEY TOWN COUNCIL/
January 11, 2011
The Town Council/Redevelopment Agency Regular Meeting will begin at 6:30 p.m., with Closed Session items first and the remainder of the Regular Meeting immediately following. The meeting will occur in the Council Chambers located at 14955 Dale Evans Parkway in Apple Valley, California.
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION IS INVITED. Any member of the public may speak on any matter within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Council/Redevelopment Agency. If you wish to be heard on any item on the closed session or remaining items of this Regular Meeting agenda, including matters not on the agenda but within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Council/Redevelopment Agency, please so indicate by filling out a REQUEST TO SPEAK form and place the request in the Speaker Request Box on the table near the Town Clerk or hand to the Town Clerk at the beginning of the meeting or before the item or matter is heard. No action or discussion shall be undertaken on any item not appearing on the posted agenda, except that members of the Town Council/Redevelopment Agency or its staff may briefly respond to statements made or questions posed by persons exercising their public testimony rights under Section 54954.3. Public Comments are limited to three (3) minutes per speaker.
The Town of Apple Valley recognizes its obligation to provide equal access to those individuals with disabilities. Please contact the Town Clerk’s Office at (760) 240-7000 two working days prior to the scheduled meeting for any requests for reasonable accommodations.
Materials related to an item on this agenda submitted to the Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection in the Town Clerk’s Office at 14955 Dale Evans Parkway, Apple Valley, CA during normal business hours. Such documents are also available on the Town of Apple Valley website at www.applevalley.org subject to staff’s ability to post the documents before the meeting.
CALL TO ORDER THE REGULAR MEETING OF THE TOWN COUNCIL/REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY MEETING – 6:30 p.m.
Coleman_____, Emick_____, Roelle_____, Mayor Pro Tem Stanton_____, Mayor Nassif_____.
(WHERE APPROPRIATE OR DEEMED NECESSARY, ACTION MAY BE TAKEN ON ANY ITEM LISTED IN THE AGENDA)
TOWN COUNCIL/REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY CLOSED SESSION
A. Negotiations with Real Property Negotiator – Property located at APN 0444-521-05; Negotiating Parties: Steven H. Iverson; Town Negotiator(s): Town Manager or Designee. Negotiations involve both price and terms of payment.
B. Negotiations with Real Property Negotiator – Property located at APN 3088-571-15; Negotiating Parties: Danilo and Rosario Manela; Town Negotiator(s): Town Manager or Designee. Negotiations involve both price and terms of payment.
C. Negotiations with Real Property Negotiator – Property located at APN 3088-411-04 and 0480-031-07; Negotiating Parties: San Bernardino County Flood Control District; Town Negotiator(s): Town Manager of Designee. Negotiations involve both price and terms of payment.
D. Negotiations with Real Property Negotiator – Property located at APN 0444-011-24, 0479-131-04, 0480-031-04 and 0480-031-06; Negotiating Parties: State of California; Town Negotiator(s): Town Manager or Designee. Negotiations involve both price and terms of payment.
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
Employee of the Quarter – Raul Lopez, Code Enforcement Officer II
Recognition of Rick Piercy – Fire Board
Report on Emergency Response to recent flooding event in the Town of Apple Valley
COUNCILMEMBER COMMENTS AND COMMITTEE/COMMISSION PARTICIPATION
TOWN COUNCIL ANNOUNCEMENTS
Suggested items for next agenda:
Time, Date & Place for Next Town Council Regular or Special Meeting:
A. Regular Meeting – Tuesday, January 25, 2011, 6:30 p.m. – Council Chambers
TOWN COUNCIL/REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY CONSENT AGENDA
Recommendation: Adopt all below listed items on the Consent Agenda in one motion. The Consent Agenda is composed of routine non-controversial items of business and will be adopted in whole in one motion unless a request is made by a Council Member to remove a specific item.
Approve the subject minutes as part of the consent agenda.
Reject the claim of Sylvia Ramirez
Receive and file
5. Commercial Warrants Schedule – Month of November 2010
Receive, ratify, and file the commercial warrants as presented.
6. Payroll/Benefits Warrant Schedule – Month of November 2010
Receive, ratify, and file the payroll/benefits warrants as presented.
7. Transfer of JAG Grant Funds For Fiscal Year 2009-10 And 10-11 To The Public Safety Grant Fund For Police Activities League Related Expenditures.
Approve the transfer of JAG grant funds from 2009-10 and 1010-11 totaling $57,624 from the General Fund to the Public Safety Grant Fund to pay expenses as listed in the attached Captain’s memorandum.
8. Adopt Resolution No. 2011-01, A Resolution Of The Town Of Apple Valley, California, Proclaiming And Confirming The Existence Of A Local Emergency.
Adopt Resolution No. 2011-01, A Resolution of the Town of Apple Valley, Proclaiming and Confirming the Existence of a Local Emergency.
9. Adopt Ordinance No. 415, Amending The Official Zoning Map From Single Family Residential (R-SF, 1 DU Per 0.4 To 0.9 Net Acres) And Open Space Conservation (OS-C) To Specific Plan (SP). The Specific Plan Addresses Future Development, Including Expansion Of The Existing K-12 Lewis Center For Educational Research School Site (The “Academy For Academic Excellence”), Along With Future Development Plans For A College/University Campus. The Project Is 150-Acres In Size; APNS 0474-183-21 And -22.
Adopt Ordinance No. 415
10. Review and Approve Construction Specifications for the Yucca Loma Bridge at Mojave River, Clearing and Tree Removal Activities Project, and Authorize Staff to Proceed with Advertisement for this Project.
Review and approve specifications for the Yucca Loma Bridge Mojave River Clearing and Tree Removal Activities Project and direct staff to proceed with the project.
11. Adopt Ordinance No. 416 Of The Town Council Of The Of The Town Of Apple Valley, California, Amending Title 8 Of The Town Of Apple Valley Municipal Code By Amending Chapters 8.10, 8.12, 8.16, 8.18, 8.21, 8.22, And 8.26, Adding Chapters 8.13, 8.15 And Repealing Chapter 8.14, Adopting As Modified The 2010 Edition Of The California Building Code Volumes 1, 2 Including The Appendix And Standards, The 2010 Edition Of The California Electrical Code, The 2010 Edition Of The California Plumbing Code, The 2010 Edition Of The California Mechanical Code, The 2008 Edition Of The Uniform Solar Energy Code, The 2010 Edition Of The California Residential Code, 2010 Edition Of The California Green Building Code And Adopting Other Regulations Relating To Building Requirements.
Adopt Ordinance No. 416.
12. Authorization of the Mayor to Execute the Fourth Amendment to the Waste Disposal Agreement with the County of San Bernardino
Authorize Mayor to execute attached Amendment No. 4 to the Waste Delivery Agreement with the County of San Bernardino on behalf of the Town of Apple Valley.
13. Letter to Congressman Lewis Requesting Assistance with Storm Recovery
The Town Council send a letter to Congressman Lewis requesting assistance with storm recovery.
14. Supplemental Law Enforcement Services Funds (SLESF – COPS Grant)
Open the Public Hearing; Close the Public Hearing; then
Authorize the Finance Director to submit to the County a request for the Supplemental Law Enforcement Service Fund (SLESF) – COPS Grant in the amount of $100,000 plus accrued interest to be used to supplement the Juvenile Officer positions.
15. Vacancies on the Town of Apple Valley Committees/Commissions due to Reorganization of the Town Council
That Councilmember Emick appoint a person to the Historical Advisory Committee or exercise the right to re-nominate the appointee whose term has expired. (2.18.010 AVMC) ____________________________.
That Councilmember Emick appoint a person to the Park and Recreation Commission Citizens Advisory Committee or exercise the right to re-nominate the appointee whose term has expired. (2.18.010 AVMC) _______________________.
REPORTS, REQUESTS AND COMMUNICATIONS
BUSINESS OF THE COUNCIL
TOWN MANAGER’S COMMENTS & LEGISLATIVE UPDATE
DEPARTMENTAL REPORTS AND BUSINESS:
Further Closed Session, if necessary and if not completed during the above 6:30 p.m. portion of this agenda, including any or all items described in that portion of this agenda. Reportable actions during closed session will be announced.